Sunday 14 November 2010

Ma Mignonnette, Cupcakes and Tarot

Welcome to my first ever blog posting!

Every Saturday I work in Bordello, a lovely independent lingerie boutique in Shoreditch.
It stocks some of my favourite luxury brands, some huge labels such as Myla, Fifi Chachnil and Damaris/Mimi Holliday and smaller exclusive brands like Mint Siren and Ophelia Fancy. Lingerie temptation at my fingertips!

This Saturday, to celebrate the arrival of new brand 'Ma Mignonnette' we held an afternoon tea party to celebrate, which perked up my 11-7pm shift immensely.

(Aerialist bra by Ma Mignonnette & pierrot clown mask)

Delicious mini cupcakes with rainbow icing were very addictive, but as they're so tiny surely 5 tiny cupcakes= 1 normal cupcake....so guilt free cake eating! Managed to blag a box to take home with me, which me and the boyf ate for breakfast in bed this morning.



The workmen from the roadworks outside the shop were perked up by having 2 beautiful 'live mannequin' girls lounge about in the window wearing beautiful silk underwear. It definitely caused a bit of a stir on Great Eastern street, double takes happening everytime someone walked past.


As well as the delicious tea and cupcakes, Joom (founder of Ma Miagonette) organised a tarot card reader to come for the afternoon. Having never had my cards/palms/tea leaves read I was very intrigued to hear what the cards had in store for me.......in a nutshell I need to stop over thinking/analysing things and my boyfriend's an emotional marshmellow haha! Who knows whether there's any truth in it but it was definitely an eyeopener and I wouldn't say no to another reading in the future.

After all the excitement of the tea party, I headed off home with my box of cupcakes and a pineapple (don't ask!) to watch Elton John X-factor special.....Rock & Roll! xxx

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm new to all this so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Love the images on your blog, a great source of reference! Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica!

    I feel kinda creepy doing this as a comment, but I couldn't find any other way to contact you!

    I just wanted to say that I am SO GLAD to have found your blog! I'm applying to LCF for Contour as we speak and I've spent months trying to find a current student's blog and yours couldn't be more perfect ^^
    Please keep writing, I can't wait to hear what you have to talk about next. It's really inspired me because I'm trying to start my own blog atm and it's not going as well as yours!

    Also, before this comment gets too long and I seem like a complete stalker.. (I'm just excited, honest) If you have any advice you can give me on what the course is like/portfolios/anything I would be eternally grateful and also bake you a lovely cake in any flavour you like (except banana, because I hate the smell).

    Lily xx

    ReplyDelete