Friday 26 November 2010

Thanksgiving & Sample Sale

So yesterday was Thanksgiving and my waistline is still feeling it! My lovely friend Lauren Leigh Dougall is an all american babe from Indiana. Every year we celebrate Thanksgiving with her, usually heading out to an authentic american restaurant such a Bodean's for a slap meal and good times all round. But this year she took the next step and cooked the whole thing from scratch and it was
......A-mazing!

Lauren's basting skills


Delicious hot cider


Clare, Steph & me...and yes that banner behind us says 'Happy Turkey Day'


Sad butternut squash turkey


Thanksgiving cupboard


He's so thankful!

10 of us crammed round table in the kitchen, very cosy!

Tonight i went to the Simon Harris sample sale. Simon Harris is a jewellery supplier to big brands such as Karen Millen, Ted Baker, Jaeger, Lulu Guinness, Cath Kidson and my beloved Vivienne Westwood.

I could have gone crazy in there, but it was bad timing as the Clothes Show live is next weekend so any pennies have to be saved for then.

But I did purchase a bag full of large crystals for £2, what a bargain! I'm an absolute magpie hoarder so I don't even need to have a reason to purchase these. Although I'm dreaming up some kitch and glitzy Christmas decorations as I type.



I also got my mum's Christmas present there, don't want to reveal too much incase she reads this but it took a lot of will power not to keep them myself.

Simon Harris hold these sample sales about twice a year and are perfect places to pick up gifts, prices range from £5-£25.

No comments:

Post a Comment